The eligible geographic regions
– Countries in the Sub-Saharan Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) zone
– The North African – Mediterranean region
– Other developing countries
A minimum of 50% of the projects selected must be located in the ACP countries. Apart from these countries, a second level of preference will be accorded to countries from the North African – Mediterranean region.
Eligible project themes
► Adaptation to climate change
– Water management in industry
– Optimising waste water treatment and water distribution networks
– Pumping water from renewable resources
– Establishment of observation tools and indicators (MRV)
► Mitigation of climate change
Generation of electricity, heat and cold from renewable resources
Energy efficiency in industry
Energy efficiency in construction
Waste management and energy recovery
Projects promoting a circular economy
Emergence of new transport solutions.
Cross-sectoral approaches on various topics are also eligible.
The target innovations and beneficiaries
The target innovations should concern either experimentation on a change of scale from pre-existing localised innovations, or the identification, design and/or development of innovations that may lead to a reflection on sectoral policies, and even influence them.
The beneficiaries of FISP-Climat 2016 are individual private companies (undertakings which exceed the thresholds of SMEs are excluded) or consortia including at least one private company.
For more information click HERE