The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally-led start-up social and environmental enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies. The independent SEED International Jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.
Tools: self-help tools that help enterprises prioritise and address their most urgent needs, for instance by assisting with market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships, and developing Memoranda of Understanding with partners
Capacity Building: one-on-one advisory service that offers Winners assistance with their business and financial plan, including a 3-day in-country workshop, webinars and remote advisory through the SEED and In-Country Advisors.
Profiling: SEED Winners are profiled nationally, regionally and internationally through a high-level SEED International Awards Ceremony with senior government and UN officials, development, support, and financial institutions as well as through marketing and promotional activities such as our website, blog and social media channels.
Network Building: SEED facilitates contacts between its winning start-ups and support organisations, funders, policy-makers, other enterprises such as SEED Alumni, and SEED Partners and Associates.
– SEED welcomes innovative ideas from any enterprise in a developing country or country in transition, which is working in partnership with others to generate economic, environmental and social benefits.
– SEED Award Winners must:
Emonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
– Deliver economic, social and environmental benefits
– Have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
– Be a partnership between different stakeholder groups
– Be locally-driven or locally-led
– Have potential for scale up or significant replication
– He in the early stages of implementation
– Meet country-specific requirements
Deadline: March 21, 2016
To apply and for further information click on the link below