Application Deadline: Ongoing
The African Institute Of Mathematical Sciences(AIMS) provides scholarships to all students, ensuring that an inability to pay is not a barrier to enrolling on the AIMS Masters programTaught by top international and local lecturers, the programme is supported throughout by tutors who work closely with the lecturers and students. The programme material is purposefully broad, allowing students to learn about a wide spectrum of mathematical topics and their applications before focusing on a specialised topic for their research project.
For the 2016-17 academic year, AIMS will offer the AIMS Master’s Degree at AIMS Cameroon, AIMS Ghana, AIMS Sénégal, AIMS South Africa, AIMS Tanzania and AIMS Rwanda.
The programme is currently open to students of African nationality.
– Applicants should hold, or anticipate completing by the start date of the AIMS course, a 4-year university degree in mathematics, or any science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component.
– An applicant’s record should demonstrate strong aptitude in mathematics, leadership and community service
– Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
– Courses taught by outstanding African and international lecturers and supported by a team of resident tutors
– Students and lecturers sharing space with a 24-hour learning environmentA climate of highly interactive teaching where students are encouraged to learn together through questioning and discovery
– Emphasis on computational methods and computing with 24/7 access to computer labs and the internet
– A pan-African student body including a minimum of 30% womenAIMS graduates progressing to top advanced degree programs and careers in Africa and all over the world.
There are no course fees for successful Master’s Degree applicants.Full bursaries covering tuition, accommodation, meals and travel costs are also awarded to successful applicants.
Culled from OFA
For more information click the link below: