Centre for Inclusive Agriculture and Gender Development (CIA-GED) focuses on facilitating towards reduction of bottlenecks in agriculture with attention on the health status of farmers in rural areas, CIA-GED educates, engages and empowers value chain actors based in the rural areas in Nigeria. CIA-GED seeks to work towards improvement of the livelihood of small business owners particularly, businesses related to agriculture and based in rural area with concept of inclusivity. CIA-GED mainstreams gender equity in their activities and collaborate with relevant organizations looking into inclusive business development approaches for smallholder farmers in Nigeria. Therefore CIA-GED, through action-research with farming households, is particularly interested to follow up on how women involved in agriculture are negatively impacted due to reproductive activities and the need to support women with innovative technologies and labour saving tools that will serve as supporting structures for women in agriculture. CIA-GED works with traditional birth attendants and also on harmful traditional practices, especially issues related to female genital mutilation (FGM)
– The Programme Assistant is responsible for assisting the Programme Director in day to day administration of the NGO and setting strategy and intervention model of activities in the field.
– S/he will be involved in inclusive commodity specific value chains driven by smallholder farmers and their respective private off-taker partners and activities around gender mainstreaming, reproductive health and female genital mutilation (FGM) and activities with traditional birth attendants (TBAs)
Position and duty station:
The programme assistant’s position will be based in Akure, Ondo State and the position requires intensive travels (minimum 50-60% of the time) to the field, interacting with value chain actors inclusive of women and youths.
– Minimum of BSc/HND (agriculture related course or public health preferably)
– Relevant volunteering experience in agribusiness related discipline or experience in health related issues will count. OND/NCE with over 5 years of field experience can also apply.
– Ability to communicate effectively and in a participatory way with stakeholders of diverse interests and at all levels (from farmers to high-level officials)
– Ability to write quality documents in English (international standards)
– Good knowledge of office tools (Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint is a must)
– Fluent in Yoruba and English (Hausa an added advantage)
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly send your applications in English in the form of an email, indicating clearly the target position in the subject line of the email, and including as separate attachments a cover letter and a CV. The email should be sent to email@example.com
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply and for more information click on the link below