Deadline: 1 May 2016
The Royal Commonwealth Society is seeking entries for its Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2016. The Program offers young people from diverse backgrounds the opportunity to make their voices heard on a global platform, to engage with issues important to them and to express their aspirations for the future.
The topics are a chance to develop critical thinking and to express views in a creative manner.
– Junior Awards Categories (under 14 age)
– Senior Awards Categories (between 14-18 age)
Prizes have traditionally been awarded only to the first prize winners in the Senior and Junior categories and also vary year by year.
Past prizes have included certificates, resources for winner’s school, visits to Cambridge University, a trip to London and a week of activities, work experience at international organizations, and having your entry featured in worldwide media.
Apply to Participate in Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2016!
– The competition is open to nationals or residents of all Commonwealth countries and territories.
– Note: Special dispensation applies to entrants from Hong Kong, Ireland, The Gambia and Zimbabwe, who are entitled to enter the competition.
– Applicants must be over18 years old.
Entries must be written in English.
Only one essay per entrant is allowed.
To apply and for more information click the link below
COMMON WEALTH COMPETITION