The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the AU Vision of ‘the Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2017 will be 02nd – 22nd August 2016.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1) Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
2) Age 18 – 33 years;
3) Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
4) Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5) Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6) Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7) Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Eligible Fields of Qualification
For the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and expertise are required:
Diverse Natural Science Fields
Gender Studies Human Resources Management
For more information click the link below