As part of a wider initiative to invest in excellence, the University of Sussex is delighted to offer scholarships to overseas fee paying students from Nigeria admitted to start an eligible Masters course in September 2016.
The scholarship is worth £3,000 for applicants that meet the eligibility criteria and will be awarded as a fee reduction upon registering at Sussex.
For applicants holding/expecting to achieve a First Class degree, equivalent to a British Bachelors Honours degree from a Higher Education Institution in Nigeria, the award will automatically be enhanced to £5,000.
Find out more about applying to study at Sussex if you are from Nigeria.
Type of award
Scholarship will be awarded as a fee reduction.
Up to £5,000
– In order to be eligible for a scholarship you must be a national of Nigeria, be a self-financing student and have accepted an offer of a full-time place on a Masters course at the University of Sussex commencing in September 2016.
– You must meet the published academic requirements for your chosen course. If your offer of a place is conditional you will need to meet the conditions of your offer before you are admitted to the University and awarded the scholarship.
– To receive the enhanced award, you will be required to provide evidence of your First Class degree from a recognised institution in Nigeria.
The scholarships relate to all full-time taught Masters degree courses at the University of Sussex (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM. MRes) excluding the following courses:
– Postgraduate diplomas
– Graduate Entry LLB
– Common Professional Examination (CPE)/Graduate Diploma in Law
– Graduate Diploma in Economics
– Masters degrees in Social Work
– Social Work post qualifying Masters degrees
– PGCE courses and schools direct teaching courses
– MSc Automotive Engineering
Master of Education (two years part-time)
– MA degrees in IDS apart from the MA Gender
– Pre-Masters degrees and diplomas taught at partner colleges which are validated by Sussex.
The scholarship is available only to self-financing students. If your tuition fees are funded by an external funding body you will not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship funded by the University of Sussex. If you have been offered any other Sussex scholarship and wish to accept this award, you will need to decline the other scholarship or vice versa.
You must apply for admission to an eligible Masters course via the University’s PG Apply online application system. If you are made an offer of a place, there will be an online scholarship declaration on PG Apply as part of the acceptance process. You must submit this declaration by 1 August 2016 in order to receive the scholarship.
To apply and for more information click on the link below