Deadline: 10 April 2016
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) is currently inviting the researchers for its programmes on Health of the Child and Youth, aiming at encouraging and developing research in the areas of health, child, and youth in Africa. For 2016, an international conference will be held on the theme: “Children and Adolescents in Africa in the midst of Psychosocial Disorders.”
With an urgent and compelling need to raise the issue of psychosocial trauma affecting children and adolescents this questioning should go beyond such wars which are exceptional situations that tend to normalize various forms of violent and lethal experiments in which children are involved.
The conference will be held from 19-21 October 2016 at Niamey, Niger.
The following are some of the themes the conference will be addressing:
– Trauma, armed conflicts and sexual violence against minors ;
– Pathological careers of children who are exposed to drug issues ;
– Dealing with children’s and adolescents’ psychosocial disorders by states and societies: public and private modes of enmity ;
– Care and support for minors suffering from mental disorders ;
– Cultural representations of psychosocial disorders among children and adolescents;
– Mental health of children seeking refuge from war ;
– Children and adolescents in the midst of school violence ;
– Children and adolescents in the midst of family violence (incest, corporal punishment, etc.).
– Researchers from around the world are eligible to participate;
– Works that adopt a multidisciplinary approach will be privileged.
To apply and for more information click on the link below