Deadline: 18 March 2016
Study in: Japan
Course starts September 2016
The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance and who are admitted to the Master of Science in Sustainability Programme at United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS).
United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)
Level/Field(s) of study:
Master of Science in Sustainability
Number of Scholarships:
Citizens of developing countries listed in the latest OECD DAC list
The JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 150,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student. The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
Applicants for the Master of Science in Sustainability are required to have met the following requirements by the application deadline in order to be considered:
• A strong interest in sustainability studies.
• Demonstrated commitment to study and understand global issues.
• A completed bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education in a field related to sustainability. Those who expect to graduate and have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent conferred before September 2016 may also apply.
• A GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale on the bachelor’s degree earned.
• English language proficiency. The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are: 600 in TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT); 100 in TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT); 7.0 in IELTS – Academic format.
Read the complete eligibility requirements at the official website.
During admission selection process, outstanding applicants from developing countries with financial need will be automatically considered as candidates for the award of the JFUNU scholarship. Thus, no separate scholarship application is necessary.
Your official application for admissions must be submitted through the online application form. Application deadline is 18 March 2016.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
To apply and for more information click HERE