McGill University and The MasterCard Foundation have partnered to offer The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill for academically talented young leaders from low-income backgrounds in Sub-Saharan Africa. McGill is proud to be one of a select group of global MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program partners chosen for their academic excellence, nurturing environments, and programs relevant to development in Africa. Unique among Scholars Program partners, McGill welcomes Francophone students.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Applicants to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
– You must qualify academically for admission to McGill University. Please note that admission is competitive; see Admissions Guide.
– You must be a first-time applicant to university (transfer applicants are not eligible).
– You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. French-speaking applicants are welcome.
– You must have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community.
– You must have the potential for meaningful future service to your community as a leader engaged in dynamic local and global social change.
– Your financial status must be in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
For more information click on the link below