Due – April 15, 2016
Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA)
Applications will be available in January 2016 for the 2016 Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA).
The deadline for applications, including all supporting documents, is 11:59 pm EST on April 15, 2016. The deadline for applications in your country is set by the U.S. Embassy or Fulbright Commission and may be different from the one listed above. Please read the Application Instructions and the Online Application Guide carefully before beginning the application.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be current secondary school-level, full-time teachers in a school that serves a primarily local (not expatriate) population;
• Have five or more years of classroom experience in TEA teaching disciplines: English, EFL, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, or special education;
• Be citizens of and residents in eligible TEA countries: Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malawi, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Russia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank/Gaza, Zambia, and Zimbabwe;
• Have earned a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
• Obtain a minimum score of 450 on paper based TOEFL or equivalent English language examination*; and
• Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program.
*A limited number of participants with TOEFL scores between 425 and 450, or equivalent, will be accepted for the program into a special cohort with additional English language training included in the professional development program.
TEA promotes diversity in the classroom and in learning. TEA supports inclusion and strongly encourages teachers with disabilities to apply.
Former participants of TEA, the International Leaders in Education (ILEP) Program, Partners in Education (PiE), or the Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program are not eligible to apply. If you have participated in other U.S. government-funded professional development exchange programs, please talk to the Fulbright Commission/U.S. Embassy in your country about your eligibility.
TEA is a program for practicing teachers. Ministry of Education officials, full-time principals or Educational administrators, full-time teacher trainers, university faculty, and private English Language tutors are not eligible.
For more information click HERE